This comprehensive text introduces calculus to a wide variety of students with three initial chapters of precalculus, followed by an accessible component of first-semester calculus.
Two primary objectives guided the writing of this book: to develop precise, readable materials for students that clearly define and demonstrate concepts and rules of calculus, and to design comprehensive teaching resources for instructors that employ proven pedagogical techniques and saves the teacher time.
Calculus I with Precalculus features an in-depth, systematic study of each basic class of functions—algebraic, exponential and logarithmic, and trigonometric—along with nearly 10,000 carefully graded exercises that progress from skill-development to more rigorous problems involving applications and proofs.
1. Functions and Their Graphs
2. Polynomial and Rational Functions
3. Limits and Their Properties
5. Applications of Differentiation
7. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
8. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions and Calculus
9. Trigonometric Functions
10. Analytic Trigonometry
11. Trigonometric Functions and Calculus
12. Topics in Analytic Geometry
13. Additional Topics in Trigonometry
14. Systems of Equations and Matrices
hardcover, 916 pages
Included in Teacher's Resource Package.